Employees recognized for conservation efforts
2013 Environmental Excellence Award Winners
Conserving precious resources can range from simple activities like turning off lights to more elaborate measures involving installation of sophisticated equipment and systems. It all adds up to millions of dollars in cost savings and a significant amount of those savings can be attributed to the efforts of the 2013 YRC Worldwide Destination Green Environmental Excellence Award winners.
YRC Worldwide is an industry leader in promoting programs that conserve energy and fuel and enhance sustainability," said Mike Kelley, vice president of public affairs and chief sustainability officer. This program recognizes employees, departments and terminals for leadership in environmental stewardship and underscores our commitment to continuing excellence. We look forward to honoring more employees next year."
- Accounts Payable Team
- Sandy Dyke, office manager, terminal 309, Chicago Heights, Ill.
- Leslie Harshaw, assistant treasurer, general office
- Don Pabst, vice president of Equipment Services, general office
- Gretchen Shafer, fleet specialist, Equipment Services, general office
- Mike D. Smith, manager of Fuel Procurement, general office
- Richard Smith, equipment manager II, terminal 813, Tracy, Calif.
- David Talbert, senior operations supervisor, terminal 671, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Transportation and Linehaul Network Team