YRC Worldwide Technologies
At YRC Worldwide Technologies, we provide innovative and reliable solutions to many of the most powerful transportation brands in the marketplace. From corporate financial and HR systems, to shipment and supply chain tracking, to customer and marketing technologies, YRC Worldwide Technologies focuses on enabling business value within the corporation and with our customers. We operate technology centers in three primary locations: Overland Park, Kan., Akron, Ohio and Chicago and are proud to employ some of the best technology people in the transportation and logistics industry.
YRC Worldwide Technologies Intern Program-
Connecting with Students for Experiential Learning
Through CONNECT, we provide exposure to the latest in technology with practical applications and experience beyond the classroom. As an intern, you will:
- Participate in an in-depth orientation, including site tours and demonstrations
- Get exposure to the latest in technology
- Experience a variety of challenging and rewarding assignments and projects
- Have opportunities for fun and networking through social activities
- Work with other interns and a diverse group of business professionals
- Learn the business and understand how technology fits into the big picture—experience the connection between work and corporate strategy
- Receive formal and informal feedback from those who want to help you grow and succeed
- Earn a competitive wage—we'll even help you find the right kind of housing to meet your internship needs!
We're committed to helping you succeed in your internship. Our professional staff will provide guidance and mentoring to help you grow professionally and personally and prepare you for the "real work" challenges of tomorrow.
Through CONNECT, you will team with other interns to work on a variety of assignments and projects. Projects are determined by our current business needs and are closely tied to the two groups that make up YRC Worldwide Technologies—Information Solutions and Technology Services.
- Delivers state-of-the-art technology solutions
- Develops initiative-driven applications
- Provides data analysis and database administration
- Maintains and enhances existing applications
- Leverages the Internet and Intranet
- Ensures reliability, availability, and responsiveness of systems, networks, computing environments and applications
- Responsible for enterprise application architecture
- Provides Help Desk and Workstation support
- Responsible for all communications planning, design, installation and administration: voice, data and wireless
What does it take to CONNECT?We're interested in students who:
- Demonstrate the competencies that match our company's values and are important for professional success—teamwork, communication and customer focus
- Have technical knowledge—courses in Java, C++, COBOL, HTML, Network or Workstation experience are preferred
- Are academically strong—3.0 cumulative GPA
- Show initiative, professional maturity and leadership
With the right combination of skills, today's IT professionals can pursue career paths in such areas as:
- Application Development
- Information Solution Services
- Software and Technical Support
- Information Security
- Internet/Intranet Development
- Network Systems
- Customer Services
- Infrastructure Services
- Data Administration
Current Job Openings
View a list of current positions.
For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and require pre-employment drug testing.
Vice President, Infrastructure and Technology Shared Services
YRC Worldwide Inc.
As vice president of infrastructure and technology shared services (ITSS), George Kather is responsible for network services, mainframe, distributed and storage systems services, IT support services, information security, IT procurement and strategic direction and governance of the IT infrastructure. Kather was appointed vice president of ITSS in May 2009.
Before his current position, Kather was the director of IT governance with responsibilities including vendor, resource, pipeline, financial and process management.
Kather has more than 20 years' experience in the IT industry. Before joining YRC Worldwide, he was at the manager and director levels at Sprint Nextel for 8 years, spanning applications development and governance functions (project management and enterprise architecture). Before his tenure at Sprint Nextel, Kather was a program manager in the U. S. Army's Acquisition Corps before retiring at the rank of lieutenant colonel.
Kather has a master of science degree in space systems engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology and a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from the United States Military Academy. He is also a certified project management professional from the Project Management Institute.